Wednesday, January 04, 2006

FLAK...or...I Must Be Out of My Mind!

O my! Two posts from me in one day! Can you stand it?

Thanks to enthusiastic prodding from Vicki and Knitting Group, I have joined F.L.A.K. - Follow-the-Leader Aran Knit-a-Long. Now, I've never knitted a sweater (never even knitted anything where gauge mattered) and have only done a little cabling on my still-unfinished Irish Hiking Scarf. Ahem. So...yes! I can knit a complicated - fit-it-to-your-own measurements CABLED sweater! Of course I can!

Thankfully, the directions are super-well writen (it's being run by Janet Szabo) and there's a very active Yahoo group to go along with it. Plus I've got Vicki to run to if I get really stuck.

I'm doing it in Cascade 220 - Ruby - which is a deep bluish-red. Thankfully I got a gift certificate to my LYS from my hubby for Christmas which helped offset the cost of the yarn immensely!

I also got a yarn winder for Christmas from my mom so that has helped wind the first two balls. (Ok - we're just not gonna talk about the first ball that got umm...tangled....nope.....not going there at all!) And I do believe I'll be getting a swift for my birthday (which is tomorrow!) which will help prevent that which we do not speak of.

I've added the button that links to the FLAK info on the left. Check it out and join us! It's only just started - we're only knitting the cabled swatch.

No comments: