Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day, Schmother's Day

While my flesh-and-blood offspring was GOOD to me (waffles - check, dishes done - check, laundry - check), the four-legged variety has been a little, um...less so lately. First off, proof positive that a 10 year-old DOES in fact do her own laundry:

Natalie does laundry!
Please ignore the perpetual clutter that is my kitchen. She even irons now - I am NOT making that up - she just up and asked me one day if she could iron!

The dogs, however, have decided they'd like to be archeologists - except they dig up nothing but dirt and can't seem to bring in any grant money to fund their digs. Ahem. I give you....exhibit A:
Exhibit A
Yes, that is what passes for "yard" at our house - truly shameful. But the front looks green and everything - honest! We even have to mow it!

Here is the alleged perpetrator of the crime:
Casey at the Scene of the Crime

Looks downright proud of his work, doesn't he?

I also give you exhibit B: (or...Caught at the Scene of the Crime)
Willow at the Scene of the Crime

We expect our shed to collapse into a hole the size of a small moon crater any day now...sigh.

Anyone got any ideas for stopping the digging? I think the under-the-shed business is directly related to various small critters living there (rabbits and cats have been seen in the vicinity). The random ankle-twisting holes all over the yard? No clue.

What would the Dog Whisperer say?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Boredom. Dogs dig and do other destructive things when they are bored. Send the well-behaved child out to throw a ball!!

That's my 2 cents on the topic. I have 2 dogs also.

Karen said...

Susan, TAG! You're it! Go read my blog for details. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thankfully I haven't broken an ankle yet trying to mow that area we call a "backyard"

--Hubby