Thursday, November 03, 2005

Scarves a Plenty

Christmas must be right around the corner - not only was Books-a-Million playing Christmas music at Tuesday's S-n-B, I am whipping out the SCARVES! I finished this pretty red one today - simple garter stitch in *gasp* (acrylic):


Sorry for the blurriness of the photo - it was the only one that was accurate as to color. It's a really soft and squishy scarf - the colors are beautiful! I haven't the foggiest idea what I did with the yarn info, but I do know it's man-made fiber.


This is the other scarf I worked on today:



It's a fun loop stitch that the wonderful ladies at my Tuesday S-n-B were kind enough to show me. It knits up really fast (although I'm only about half-way done) and is a good "mindless" project to take with you. I worked on it today while at the pediatrician's office with my daughter (no strep - just a virus - so it's back to schol tomorrow!).

Here is a close up of all the LOOPS! :

It's knit with Manos del Uruguay wool - gorgeous colors but it's turning the tips of my Denise needles blue! eek!

2 comments:

Bad Amy said...

Your loops are FAB! I can't wait to learn 'em.

toledonative said...

Thanks! They're really easy! I even taught people how at Weight Watchers today!